Ways to Volunteer
Ashe County Arts Council would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to all of the wonderful volunteers who give their time, energy and love to the arts. Just this year alone, volunteers have provided hundreds of hours of envelope stuffing, hostessing, housing for artists, food for events, muscle for event set-ups, kitchen help and much more.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Arts Council, please take a look at the following list of needs. Perhaps one of them will appeal especially to you:
- Artist Accommodations – Meet some interesting and wonderful people!
- Flyer Flinger – Helping to promote the Arts Council by distributing flyers around the county. If we had several people on this list, it would be OH SO EASY!
- Baker Extraordinaire – Culinary degree not required! Just good ole home-baked goods!
- Trucker / Toter – On occasion we need to transport tables and chairs and the like. We need folks who are willing to provide appropriate vehicles and/or muscle power. We promise not to wear you (or your truck) out!
- Ashe County Bluegrass and Old-Time Fiddlers Convention – Tickets, hospitality, manning booths, backstage help and more
- Christmas in July Workers – This is a big annual event for us. We have various opportunities for those who enjoy working with children, from arts and crafts tables, to face-painting and more. If you prefer to be “behind the scenes, set up and clean up time might be the thing for you.
- Coffee House Workers – Several times a year, we host a Coffee House Live! We are always looking for people to help with set up, kitchen duties, manning the front door, and cleaning up after all of the fun.
Call Joni Ray, Executive Director or Rebecca Williams, Program Director at 336-846-2787 to talk about ways that you can be involved.