Your contribution to the Ashe County Arts Council will allow the arts to flourish and grow in Ashe County. CLICK HERE to Donate.
Ashe County Arts Council would like to take this opportunity to express our gratitude to all of the wonderful volunteers who give their time, energy and love to the arts. Just this year alone, volunteers have provided hundreds of hours of envelope stuffing, hostessing, housing for artists, food for events, muscle for event set-ups, kitchen help and much more.
If you are interested in volunteering for the Arts Council, please take a look at the following list of needs. Perhaps one of them will appeal especially to you:
- Artist Accommodations – Meet some interesting and wonderful people!
- Mail Mover – Mailing of newsletter. About two hours of time (daytime)- every 6 wks. or so. Lots of fun and fellowship involved. We will even serve refreshments!
- Flyer Flinger – Helping to promote the Arts Council by distributing flyers around the county. If we had several people on this list, it would be OH SO EASY!
- Baker Extraordinaire – Culinary degree not required! Just good ole home-baked goods!
- Trucker / Toter – On occasion we need to transport tables and chairs and the like. We need folks who are willing to provide appropriate vehicles and/or muscle power. We promise not to wear you (or your truck) out!
- Christmas in July Workers – This is a big annual event for us. We have various opportunities for those who enjoy working with children, from arts and crafts tables, to face-painting, to manning the Moonwalk and other activities. If you prefer to be “behind the scenes, set up and clean up time might be the thing for you.
- Coffee House Workers – Several times a year, we host a Coffee House Talent Night. We are always looking for people to help with set up, kitchen duties, manning the front door, and cleaning up after all of the fun.
Call Jane Lonon, Executive Director or Rebecca Williams, Program Director at 846-ARTS (846-2787) to talk about ways that you can be involved.
Shop Amazon Smile!
How Do I Get Started?
When you are ready to shop at Amazon, instead of the usual website, visit www.smile.amazon.com. Log in with your amazon.com username and password. You will be prompted to select a charitable organization to browse or shop AmazonSmile. Search for Ashe County Arts Council in the ’Pick Your Own Charitable Organization’ field. Now you are ready to shop!
How Does AmazonSmile Work?
AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service. The difference is that if you start your shopping from AmazonSmile.com, then Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Ashe County Arts Council.
Each quarter, the AmazonSmile Foundation will make a monetary donation to the Ashe County Arts Council based on your purchases!